complex system for automating of large and medium enterprises
The base of MAGISTRtm is a thought-out core, advanced mechanism that adapts the system to customer requirements.
Enterprise management is primarily a control over the information and document flow. The larger the enterprise is, the more costly are management mistakes. Without proper information system, huge flow of information falls on the managers of each level, reducing their time for strategic planning.
At the core of the MAGISTRtm system lies a well-thought management mechanism being easily adaptable to the needs and requirements of the customers
MAGISTRtm - э is a single information space, access to which can be done from a variety of tasks and subsystems. Thus information once entered to the system becomes available for other subsystems.
A large number of reference data makes it easier to enter and organize information. Carefully designed settings and technological chains make it possible to store and process the information entered and to ensure database integrity.
The system supports data replication mode, in case of automation of the enterprise branch offices or network of legally independent companies.
Modern and visual system interface combines visual graphical applications with a convenient way to enter and process large amounts of information. Most forms are visualized as close as possible to the printed document
MAGISTRtm is an open product which uses standard development tools. Obligatory condition for cooperation is software support, customer personnel training, consulting and technical support by TMSoft ltd.
MAGISTRtm has modular structure, providing all the functions of management accounting. It consists of the following subsystems:
- Human resources department;
- Salary accounting;
- Document management;
- Bookkeeping and tax accounting;
- Accounting of fixed assets and intangibles;
- Management of freight forwarding company (later allotted to the autonomous system «Expeditor»tm);
- Management of the enterprise, which specializes on pipeline transportation;
- Management of sales and procurement.
The subsystem is designed to automate the tasks of the HR department of any enterprise.
- • staff schedule and structure of the enterprise (multi-level structure);
- • complete records, recruitment and workforce planning;
- • keeping system of orders, interconnected with the personnel department;
- • survey of employees and applicants;
- • planning employee vacations;
- • keeping record of business trips and reports;
- • accounting the specifics of hazardous industries;
- • creation of any required reports;
- • full integration with salary accounting module.
Besides the standard functions, the subsystem "Human Resources Department" includes module for collection and processing of information on individuals and legal entities.
Any document generated by the system falls into the general registry.
The procedure for registration and transmission of the document follows the instructions set by user-defined settings.
The document can have a movement route both within the local network, or outside it, for example using electronic mail or the Internet/Intranet.
The accounting system is multi-level. Executive discipline and process optimization can be built on the basis of this subsystem.
Applications for managers at all levels of company management
Depending on the needs and structure of the company, a set of subsystems is formed, through which the heads of all units have access to the necessary information in playback mode. This may contain the accounting information in the convenient form for analysis, a summary of the company, detailing various parameters and indicators, etc. All data is presented in tabular and graphical form and can be printed.
Subsystem designed to serve the all-round needs of accounting, beginning with operational up to financial analysis of the company (in multiple currencies).
This subsystem can function both autonomously and in conjunction with other subsystems. In case of interaction with other subsystems, it uses the principle of approved/ not yet approved accounting entry, which guarantees the integrity of the individual subsystems.
The basis of accounting and taxation is Chart of accounts. It is possible to add multilevel analytical attributes to each account for further detailing. With the help of configurator of common operations, one can handle any technological and methodological decisions.
Subsystem allows creation of the full set of primary documentation. Upon creation, document is entered into the document management system.
Additional service features:
- • automatic numbering and registration of documents;
- • independent creation of any document using the TMReportsтм editor.
Possible outputs of synthetic accounting:
- turnovers on any account, for any period, with any detailing;
- any type of log journal or consolidated statements with the set level of detailing;
- general ledger with the full range of accounting and tax reports.
All consolidated and turnover statements can be broken down by any object of analytical accounting (with different levels of information provision).
Objects of analytical accounting:
- • legal/physical entities (or their parts);
- • any attributes (e.g. expenditures, kind of activities).
Information can be presented at any level of detailing.
Module provides the accounting of cash operations:
- creation of primary documentation and its registry (automatic numbering possible);
- interaction with salary accounting and accountable persons;
- access restriction even among same-task employees (for example, one cashier cannot influence the work of other cashier);
- accounting for multiple cash desks and consolidation of their information;
- creation of cash book and cashier reports;
- configuration of common operations and creation of not-yet-approved accounting entries;
- multiple currencies accepted.
Module provides the accounting of bank operations:
- keeping records on any number of banks, both residents and non-residents;
- creation of primary documents and maintenance of their registries (auto-numbering possible);
- connection with all subsystems to monitor inflows and execution of orders;
- integration with various Client-Bank systems;
- the allocation of funds between various objects of accounting and different departments;
- adjustment of typical operations and creation of not-yet approved entries;
- creating orders to buy and orders to sell the currency.
Settlements with contractors
Settlements with contractors:
- personal account for contractor;
- history of settlements;
- accounting in the context of contracts or activitie;
- debt analysis;
- automatic invoicing;
- re-assignment of debt;
- accounting in multiple currencies with the possibility of conversion between currencies;
- a summary of the various types of analytical accounting.
Foreign currencies accounting
- Management of all foreign currencies based on their belonging to a country.
- Maintenance of all types of exchange rates: banking, stock exchange, commercial.
- Maintenance cross-currency exchange rates.
- Calculation of exchange rate differences by various techniques.
- Tax postings on the first event.
- Calculation of tax liabilities.
- Book of purchases and sales.
- Gross income and expenses.
- Creation of reporting forms.
Accounting, tax, financial and corporate reporting
The module is equipped with the necessary set of reporting forms. It includes graphics editor TMReportsтм, which allows independent creation and modification of existing reports.
Accounting for fixed assets and intangibles
- accounting of fixed assets and intangibles in the context of management activities and accounting;
- accounting by warehouses, material and responsible persons;
- accounting by units according to the current classification;
- automatic calculation of depreciation;
- a full accounting of repair, liquidation and modernization;
- consideration of the input and output in operation along with the preparation of the relevant documents;
- reassessment and inventory;
- accounting of precious metals;
- execution of unapproved entries for all transactions;
- an extensive set of output data.
Low value items accounting
Module for low value items accounting:
- depreciation and write-off of the low value items;
- accounting for warehouses, material and responsible persons, divisions of the enterprise;
- accounting of materials;
- a variety of pricing methods;
- consideration of different consignments;
- write-off into the production;
- calculation and tracking of the necessary minimum of materials and their order;
- records of both accountant and storekeeper;
- accounting of contracts on deliveries;
- product revaluation, inventory management;
- internal movement of materials;
- execution of unapproved entries for all transactions;
Accounting for goods and finished products
Key features and functions:
- accounting of goods and finished products of the enterprise in the context of any number of departments and warehouses;
- accounting for consignment warehouses;
- management accounting - retail, trade credits and shipment at realization without payment, accounting of returnable packaging;
- a complete set of supporting documents;
- various mechanisms of selling prices formation;
- consideration of competitors' prices;
- calculation of consumption;
- calculation of the required minimum stock;
- product revaluation, inventory management, write-off of goods;
- execution of unapproved entries for all transactions;
- cost calculation based on the user-embedded algorithms and settings for finished products and materials.
Takes into account specific features of salary accounting in many industry areas and is designed to calculate wages under the different remuneration schemes:
- input of primary data on wages based on various primary documents (time sheets, orders, work time schedules, etc.);
- fully automated calculation of all charges stipulated by the legislation;
- calculation of awards, bonuses, vacation pays, sick leaves;
- accounting financial aid;
- calculation of the various kinds of writs;
- accounting long-term loans and credits;
- flexible options for all types of taxes.
This subsystem works closely with accounting subsystem and human resources subsystem.
Primary information on personnel is entered in the human resources department, the data is processed in the salary subsystem, and all the results are transferred to the accounting subsystem. Necessary references to state authorities are prepared.
Company management subsystem (in pipeline transportation)
Subsystem is designed for the all-round management of business operations of the company, operating in the field of pipeline transportation.
Key subsystem modules:
- dispatcher’s service:
- management of product pumping;
- interaction with geographically-dispersed stations;
- visualization of operational information;
- technological document management;
- management of shipments:
- railway transport;
- road transport;
- management of a tank farm:
- state of the equipment;
- state of the product;
- calibration of equipment;
- control over the pipeline and other equipment.
Main functions of subsystem:
- creation and maintenance of technological, commercial, regulatory and reference information databases: pipeline structure, technological objects and equipment, owners, consignors and consignees of petroleum products;
- automated document management for receiving, storage, movement, shipment and delivery of petroleum products (contracts, applications, protocols, cargo customs declarations, telegrams, telephone messages, transfer of ownership);
- automated record keeping on liquid bulk stations (loading points), including: the operator log, the tank farm ledger, ledger for incoming/outgoing pump;
- automatic generation of the supporting documents for the cargo at loading into rail tank cars and automatic loading, as well as reporting documents for liquid bulk stations (loading points);
- automated records management by the pipeline manager: manager’s ledger, a ledger on the state of the tank farm pipeline facilities, ledger for shipments of petroleum products, ledger for incoming/outgoing pump of petroleum products and color timetable of the movement of petroleum products within the pipeline;
- prompt delivery of the regulatory and reference information, current information about all objects and equipment of the pipeline, information about the document management system and commercial information with the mandatory provision of privacy and rights-based access to information;
- automatic generation of accounting documents concerning pipeline. The subsystem can be fully integrated with accounting and material accounting subsystems, and document workflow subsystem.
Subsystem for sales management and procurement
Subsystem designed for sales management and procurement automation (including processing the orders):
- stock balance and the calculation of the required minimum;
- price lists with a different set of prices;
- invoices, payment tracking and dispatches;
- additional service;
- flexible system of discounts and margins;
- different pricing algorithms;
- dispatch to the customer;
- tracking the balance of payments;
- "soft" and "fixed" funds;
- gathering information about competitors;
- full set of supporting documentation.
Differentiation of access rights
Differentiation of access rights is based on hierarchical principle and can be divided into three stages:
- • at the level of database objects (standard feature of ORACLE database);
- • at the data level;
- • at the user interface and settings level.
The developer provides the company with the set of functions (operations), which are implemented into the system. These functions are consolidated into roles, which are than assigned to users. Change of user functional abilities is possible in a way of changing the roles assigned to him/her.
Roles can be granted with the right of full access or view-only.
Creation and configuring the role can be configured independently subject to available user rights.
MAGISTRtm is equipped with powerful logging system. Any action within the system and any entry into the system is recorded (user info, time, old and new data).
The system administrator sets list of logged operations and the data storage times. Thus, the safety and reliability of the system is increased, as any information can be restored.